[aprssig] CQSRVR and FD sites on ARRL map

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jun 14 10:54:07 EDT 2009

Don't forget to put your FD station on the ARRL map:
http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/fd/locator.php

I could never get it to take my coordinates 38.976, -76.485 which it kept putting in India, so I finally left it there and then used the EDIT feature to drag the pointer to the other side of the world and put it where it belongs...

The lack of other markers for some known sites in my area made me think others were having the same problem.  It seems to ignore the sign of the longitude.

For APRS, remember we can now call global CQ's using Pete's CQSRVR.  Just send an  APRS message to CQSRVR with the body as: CQ FD CQ FD 1A MDC (your station report and section).

See www.aprs.org/cqsrvr.html

You have to enter the CQ FD twice because the server strips off the first one, and it has to arrive with some idea of how it was sent.

Bob, WB4APR