[aprssig] AGWTracker Release 2009.612

Jack Spitznagel frawg at frawg.org
Fri Jun 12 11:41:05 EDT 2009

Hi Brian,

George will correct me if I am wrong on the second point below:

AGWTracker will connect to APRS servers. To log in, you will and APRS
pass which George can send you. AGWTracker does not have an internal
I-gate. George has another widget on his download page that provides an
iGate (AGWUIDigi) that runs alongside AGWTracker and uses AGWPE or PEPro.

I have not been able to configure AGWUIDigi so it stops resending
packets that are not supposed to repeated (like when a packet WIDEN-N
value has expired). It sends the packet in a way that will not be
repeated (with QRT*  appended), but in doing so it is far too "noisy" to
use as a limited area fill-in digi and iGate. Up here in the
Northeast/Mid-Atlantic corridor, any excessive transmission is viewed as
QRM, so I have not been comfortable using it.

A while back, I spoke to George about making it possible to eliminate
the "QRT" packet transmission, but it has not been a priority for him
because of his business activities. Maybe he will revisit that problem
and update AGWUIDigi so it can be used.

Jack Spitznagel - KD4IZ