[aprssig] Object Definition vs third-party traffic?

rttyman rttyman at ukr.net
Tue Jun 9 13:54:47 EDT 2009

Hello, Lynn.

> Is this an accepted (and possibly common) method of defining objects on
> RF?  Or would it be better defined as an Item (')') or Object (;)
> defined directly by WX4MLB-3?  I suspect it was done as third-party
> traffic to avoid the unique naming issue for objects, but I'm not really
> sure.

This in not best method if defining objects!
Better use Object indeficator ";" and use ham call of originator in packet,
for example:

call_of_originator>APOBJ:
;146.52*!2806.  N/08039.  WrPHG7260 NWS MELBOURNE

In third party this packet should be some like this:
WX4MLB-3>BEACON:
}call_of_originator>APOBJ,TCPIP:;146.52>!2806.  N/08039.  WrPHG7260 NWS MELBOURNE

Possible timestamp should be also present before coordinates...

73, Sergej
uz2hz