[aprssig] New GPS That Allows APRS POSIT Uploads?

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Thu Jun 4 08:06:21 EDT 2009

The garmin nüvi series >300 does.  The ideal unit is the nuvi
350(discontinued), but other higher model numbers will work to, but have
"bread crumb" issues.  Scott Miller makes a protocol converter which allows
the USB only nuvis to speak serial NMEA.  I've got one and it works like a
champ!

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=113

Wes

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 16:21, Ralph Milnes <ralphmilnes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do any of the newer GPSs on the market allow APRS info uploads so that you
> can plot stations on the GPS screen? My older Garmin (2001-era) did that,
> but now it's time for a new GPS with a bigger screen.
>
> Ralph KC2RLM

Wes
---
Where there's silence, there is no Hope.