[aprssig] APRS and UHF voice

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jul 28 13:31:36 EDT 2009

>> Did we ever settle on a national UHF
>> frequency for APRS?

445.925 APRS/VOICE if available.  Can be used for either APRS or
for voice or both, depending on local use.  If not available in
your area, then look for an alternate.

> A national frequency is not needed.  Simply
> beacon the frequency of your UHF 'cell' at
> a reasonable interval on 144.39.

I wonder if we can suggest a common object name so people will
know it when they see it..
Something like maybe "UPRSxxxxx" where xxxx can be chosen to be
globally unique.  Then a search for all UPRS.... Objects will
give a quick view of UHF aprs activity.  There is no need for
using the FREQ OBJECT name convention here, since the auto-tune
function of the D710 only tunes the B band, not the APRS A band.
But do put the FFF.FFFMHz in the object comment text so it can
be decoded there.

If it is 9600 baud, then maybe UPRS96-xx where -xx are unique?

Just an idea.
Bob, Wb4APR