[aprssig] NE Illinois Balloon Tracks

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 15:39:44 EDT 2009

> Yes, any ham is free to transmit APRS packets as he sees fit, BUT is it NOT the
> duty or responsibility of the digipeater to digi every packet.  As a  matter of fact,
> it is the duty of the digipeater to NOT digi any packet that is
> abusive of the local  RF channel.

One small tweak to an excellent posting...   (The future of APRS is
MANAGED digi's and other resources, not the hodge podge we have
today.)

Any ham is NOT free to transmit packets, APRS or otherwise, as they
see fit.  We are licensed users of valuable radio spectrum.  Part of
our license requirement is that we use good practice and procedures.
Just like it's not acceptable to send splattering SSB or chirpy CW,
packets must follow good process of not having too much power, listen
before transmitting, not sending to the general public and even not
being too frequent to clutter the channel.

73
Bill - WA7NWP