[aprssig] NE Illinois Balloon Tracks

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Jul 23 18:47:13 EDT 2009

Steve,

I did post them to the balloon group.  Here's three of the replies I got:

 From Joe:
it lasts a few hours,  get a life.

What is the group to do when the tiny 200 milliwatt transmitter is now
on the ground?  Think many if any digis will hear it to be able to be
gated to the net?

They need the somewhat long paths to be able to gram ANY station they
can so they can be heard once it's landed.

This  crap about abusing the network is just as crazy as when someone
runs a crossband repeater on a somewhat popular frequesncy and someone
complains because for 2 hours their dead quiet call channel between
themselves and their buddy 5 miles away isn't quiet and a private call
channel between them two anymore for 2 hours.

geech!

 From Harry (KC5TRB APRS since 1985)
Not a thing wrong with the path on any of the three balloons!

 From Joe responding to Harry is the best one...
I know,

ever since that one guy in I think florida started to make a stink  with
these redickulus trackings of  listing what digi dit it hit,

Like a 200mw signal is gonna cause any problem anyway,

these jerks need to get a life

Anyway, such is life and it goes on.  I figured by posting here, anyone
that can actually get one-on-one with the launchers (or other future
launchers) can use these to provide a visual of the overkill effect.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - APRS Infrastructure Visualization

PS.  Yes, I AM that "guy in florida", and I think they responded as they
did because the KNOW the graphs point out an abuse on their part.  Oh
well, it's a big world and life is too short to worry.