[aprssig] AT Trrail Event this Sunday noon to 4 PM

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jul 23 15:44:07 EDT 2009

Anyone that lives within about 100 miles of the Appalachian
Trail is welcome to tune in our attempt at the Golden Packets
along the AT Sunday Noon to 4 Pm on 144.34 MHz.

Unless you are Portable somewhere outdoors, Please do not
transmit until 3 PM.  Hikers can transmit at 2 PM.  See the plan
on www.aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html

If you are a base station, please capture a log file of any
packets you hear on 144.34.  You should  be able to see how the
network is working by observing the HOPn-N packets that you
receive and comparing "N's" with the station numbers.

Monitor COORDINATION communications by logging onto the CQSRVR
anywhere in the USA on your APRS channel.  Participants will
logon with CQ AT CQ AT ...  But monitoring stations may logon
with CQ AT MONITORING...  That way we can see the difference.
See:
www.aprs.org/cqsrvr.html

APRS Outdoors... I love it.
Bob, Wb4APR