[aprssig] Gating Objects from Internet to RF (fina?l)

Bogdan, Rick rbogdan at ursinus.edu
Wed Jul 22 17:51:30 EDT 2009

What is OAPRS?

Rick ka1udx

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at tapr.org on behalf of Robert Bruninga
Sent: Wed 7/22/2009 17:06
To: 'Steve Dimse'; 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [aprssig] Gating Objects from Internet to RF (fina?l)

> I worry that this will be a huge load on
> every part of the system.
> I may need to add a filter to findU,
> especially if the data is
> not evenly spread out over the 10 minute cycle.

I agree that there is no need to trap or capture this in any
data bases.

So even if FINDU, and APRS.FI and OAPRS ignore it, what about
the load on the servers?

As steve says, its big.  Is there a way to inject subsets of it
into regional servers so that everything in Japan does not go
everwyhere in the world, and every other country as well? And so
forth?

Maybe Pete Lovell can sort this out with the servers?

Since the target of this data is ONLY LOCAL, it only needs to go
to certain places...

Bob, WB4aPR