[aprssig] Gating Objects from Internet to RF (fina?l)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jul 22 17:24:55 EDT 2009

> Better to include this option in Echolink
> software and give suggestion to Echolink
> operator, i.e. suggest to do beacon
> information about his Echolink in APRS-IS from
> same PC, where Echolink node installed...

Sorry, that is what I requested from Echolink over the last 5
years that I have been trying to get this implemented.  But for
a variety of reasons, Echolink did not do it that way.  But he
DID accommodate our needs and he did implement the central
server for position and status data, and that is what we get.
Now Lynn is doing the needed passing of that data over to APRS.

Yes, there might be better ways to start all over, but I don't
want to spend another 5 years trying to change it.  The ball is
now in our court.  Echolink is making the data available.  We
have to decide how best to get that data to the mobile.

Bob, WB4APR