[aprssig] Gating Objects from Internet to RF

Sergej rttyman at ukr.net
Wed Jul 22 10:23:33 EDT 2009

Hello, Pete & group

> Note that since this is insertion into APRS-IS, the insertion
> station can use any 1 or 2 character
> SSID, and it does not have to be a callsign.  For instance, EMAIL, EMAIL-2, WHO-IS, CQSRVR, WXSVR,
> etc. denote specialty servers.  You could use ECHOSVR or ELINK, for
> instance (callsigns on APRS-IS are
> limited to a total of 9 characters including SSID).  Do not use
> E-LINK because LINK is not a valid
> SSID and E is not a valid callsign (LINK is more than 2 characters, E is only one character where at
> least 3 are required).

On my think its better to put normal ham callsign in Fromcall field of
this packets, at least anybody can know who is sent it and in case of
questions or corrections will be possible to find contact e-mail of
originator...

Just my five cents.

Even K4HG agree in this case ;)

"I would much prefer you use your own callsign as the originating
station for the packets, rather than sending a packet that appears to
come from another ham."

73, Sergej
uz2hz