[aprssig] FW: Echolink objects to APRS

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jul 22 00:04:31 EDT 2009

> Should EchoLink nodes be objects
> or items?

Objects.  Since the central source has real-time status, then these objects are real-time info, and so need the timestamp that Objects provide.

> Here's what one particular EchoLink
> node would look like in either format:

Consider making it as I describe in the www.aprs.org/localinfo.html format.  There are links there to the APRS frequency Spec that suggests the proper format.

The EL####### should be the object name.
The FREQ and tone should be the first data after the PHG, etc...

The symbol is the "EA" which is a box with an overlay E I think...

Bob, Wb4APR