[aprssig] Q: NOGATE Method(s)

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Mon Jul 20 00:38:56 EDT 2009

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009, Curt, WE7U wrote:

>> The feature doesn't seem to be really used, I only have a single station in
>> my database using it, and it has last transmitted in May 2009. I'll delete
>> that track now. :)
>
> Perhaps because many igates are obeying it, therefore those position
> packets don't make it to the INET?  Let's hope that's the case
> anyway.  hi hi

NOGATE/RFONLY are for igates, and they seem to be implemented quite well.
They mean that the packets should not be gated on the APRS-IS at all.

!x! is *not* for igates, it is for findu, aprs.fi and other archiving
systems, saying that although this packet can be transmitted on APRS-IS
and can be received by APRS-IS in real time, it should not be archived in
such databases, so that it could be looked up later. !x! should not be
implemented by the igates.

   - Hessu, OH7LZB