[aprssig] TNCX setups? (proportaional pathing?)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 17 14:31:00 EDT 2009

Ok,
Here is best I can come up with the limitation of only 4 beacons
in the TNC-X and the limitation of OFFSET to only a count of
255.  Here goes:

2 F D F 1 F D F _ F D F 2 F D F 1 F D F _ F D F 2 F D F

Where D is a DIRECT beacon for the digi
Where 1 is a WIDE1-1 beacon of the digi
Where 2 is a WIDE2-2 beacon of the digi
Where F is a DIRECT beacon for the local Voice Freq Obj

To make this interleave then for the TNCX would need (I think?)

Beacon 1 inteval (x5s) :00756 Offset :0   DIGI every 63m at 0)
Beacon 2 inteval (x5s) :00252 Offset :126 DIGI every 21m at
10.5m
Beacon 3 inteval (x5s) :00756 Offset :252 DIGI every 63m at 21m
Beacon 4 inteval (x5s) :00126 Offset :63  FREQ every 10.5 at
5.2m

The result is a local direct Freq object every 10.5 minutes
A local digi packet every 10.5 minutes (5 out of 6 times)
A 1 hop digi packet every 31.5 minutes
A 2 hop digi packet every 63   minutes

Did I do this right?  Give the count interval is every 5
seconds.

Bob, WB4APR

offset
> variable rpreventing the full implementation of the
proportional
> pathing intervals we used on the KPC3.
>
> Beacon 1 inteval (x5s) :00120 Offset :0       (10.min) FREQ
> OBJECT
> Beacon 2 inteval (x5s) :00360 Offset :240     (30.min) DIGI
data
> Beacon 3 inteval (x5s) :00720 Offset :120     (60min)  DIGI
data
> Beacon 4 inteval (x5s) :00720 Offset :255     (60min)  DIGI
data

> Translating the above to MINUTEs I get
> Beacon 1 every 10m                 DIRECT
> Beacon 2 every 30m offset by 20m   WIDE1-1
> Beacon 3 every 60m offset by 10m   WIDE2-2
> Beacon 4 every 60m offset by 21.3m SS3-3
>
> Below is how the New-N paradigm sets proportional pathing in a
> KPC-3 so that the info goes out every 10 minutes locally,
every
> 30 minutes out 1 hop and every 60 minutes out 2 hops (While
> still only producing 6 packets per hour instead of the 10
noted
> above).
>
> Here is the proper proportinoal pathing:
> Beacon 1 every 30 offset 0     DIRECT
> Beacon 2 every 30 offset 10    DIRECT
> Beacon 3 every 60 offset 20    WIDE1-1
> Beacon 4 every 60 offset 50    WIDE2-2
>
> This RESULTS in one packet every 10 minutes, but most of those
> are direct, and two per hour go via 1 hop to neighboring digis
> and ONE per hour goes 2 hops.  It is important to understand
how
> these are interleaved, and not just brute-forced which
produces
> dupes.
>
> But if the 4 beacons have to be shared with the FREQ object,
> then we need to rethink this in terms of the limitation of the
> 21.3 miunte offset limit.
>
> Maybe he got it right?
>
> Once I have corrected these items I'll add these TNC-X
settings