[aprssig] APRS Glider packages

Bob Cutter ki0g at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 17 12:54:52 EDT 2009

I think it sounds great!

Let's do it.

73, Bob KIØG

On Jul 17, 2009, at 10:26 AM, Scott Miller <scott at opentrac.org> wrote:

Yeah.  And some guys up in BC did this a few years ago with some success, but with a much heavier vehicle.  Handling the high speeds it reached when dropped in very thin air sounds like a major issue.

Scott
N1VG

Stephen H. Smith wrote:
Robert Bruninga wrote:

When dropped from a balloon, each one would glide itself to its
assigned GPS delivery address.  A GPS, a uP, some tiny
actuators, and I would think you could put this into something
the size of a toilet paper tube.  With short stubby wings.

A great student project...
Of course, APRS would track the success of these...
So much fun, so little time.
They would have to be lightweight and "bounceable" so that they
bounce right off of windshields and leave no mark on someones
hood...

Sounds like a civilian version of a JDAM smart bomb kit to me.....
Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.net
JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide