[aprssig] TNCX setups?

The Bland Ranch root at blandranch.net
Thu Jul 16 19:56:46 EDT 2009

Quoting Cap Pennell <cap at cruzio.com>:

"Most often these days, a simple traceable fill-in digi is far better for our
shared VHF network.  A traceable fill-in digi operates packets addressed via
WIDE1-1 or it's own callsign ONLY, as in the final (second one below) sample
setup."

We learned this Field Day that if you want to send queries to use other APRS
features that send back replies, a fill-in digi does not help you, since the
returning data has no knowledge that it HAS to use that fill-in digi to get
back to you.

Another factor to consider when planning the network.

Chuck Bland