[aprssig] New APRS Icon?

Paul Fenrich ka5fzu at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 15 17:29:16 EDT 2009

I am new to the APRS world.  I have carried a tracker twice and I am
building one now (nearly complete).  I have used them mainly for special
events where radio amateur communications were requested.  Bicycle rides
and foot races.  This year I was the "turtle" in the MS150 ride from
Houston to Austin.  I thought how cool it would be to have a couple of
special icons to represent the hare and the turtle.  Two important
points of an event.  I looked through the Library of icons and don't see
one.  I did notice there were several spaces reserved for "future use".
Is it possible to add them and how can it be done?

Thanks,

--
Paul D. Fenrich KA5FZU
Cedar Park, TX