[aprssig] regional APRS coordinators?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jul 7 14:49:16 EDT 2009

> If you drove around the Playa,  I was at the camp that had the
> Buddipole set up.

I didn't notice that one.  I was at the one with the huge mast in the
center with the fixed red lights and the amber spinner.

Next year we'll have to work on some sort of actual ham gathering.  And
I'm trying to come up with some ideas for a Wifi gateway or something
that'd allow non-hams out there to get some information.  Would be fun
to have simple trackers on all of the art cars, maybe have some sort of
playa radar display showing what's happening where.

You may have heard our camp on Saturday night - it was too windy to
launch the APRS balloon payload I brought, so instead we set off a few
of my surplus 350 gram balloons full of oxyacetylene.  Makes a nice
'thump' that you can hear for a few miles.

Scott
N1VG