[aprssig] Mailman considered harmful - list bounce settings are bad

Patrick winston at winston1.net
Tue Jul 7 07:18:05 EDT 2009

So then why not just have your email hosted somewhere that doesn't
bounce?  Sounds like a much simpler solution..  Even Yahoo's group
system, which likely gets 10000 times the traffic your lists get
combined uses bounce protection..

Its not only about rejecting spam.. The automated systems that drive a
lot of the spam monitors use bounces from a source to flag possible spam
sources... So if this group's messages start bouncing and it keeps
bouncing to people, then its possible to that the group itself will be
flagged as a spam source..