[aprssig] regional APRS coordinators?

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Mon Jul 6 00:36:22 EDT 2009

<snip>
> Once you get to Burning Man no one plays radio anyway. Very little
> activity.
> Dale
> It had APRS Coverage last time I was there

Yes.  Generally this has been a problem of VHF APRS all along.  Folks have
packet hardware they're not using and a place to leave it powered up (with
thoughts that doing so will be helping others).

Better questions are:
_How many_ APRS users are unable to accomplish their local VHF APRS
objectives.  Where?  Why?  If their problems are _proven_ to be a VHF
coverage issue, then how often are those problems truly occurring?

Best bet for actual usefulness (and VHF network courtesy) in most all cases
these days is (at most) _only_ a traceable fill-in digi, ideally in service
only for the duration of demonstrated need.

73, Cap KE6AFE