[aprssig] KPC3+ WIDE setup

Clay Melhorn n9io at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 09:14:53 EST 2009

Hello all, I am a new subscriber to this group and am very much in need of your help.Our club has authorized a new aprs WIDE to be installed and I am putting the hardware together.Our repeater commitee got the antenna installed sooner than I anticipated in this super cold wx so the rush is on.The antenna is a dual band DB2 I believe I was told and it is up at 300 feet.The radio is a FT1500m Yaesu.The tnc is a new KPC3+ ver 9.1 I am looking for the proper setup entries for the KPC3+ as a wide digipeater.Basically, I am, looking to copy the setup of an exsisting WIDE digi running a KPC3+.Of course I will replace the local gps, callsign, local voice rptr info, etc with our info.I have never done this before and would really prefer to get it right the first time with your help.
So if someone would not mind putting me on the fast track I would really appreciate it.
 Besides casual aprs activity the main purpose of this wide digi is to cover the county during our wx spotter activities.We are a rural county well south of Chicago and currently are virtually aprs free in the area at this time.I have been trying to prime the locals with a few newsletter articles about aprs and some are interested. I initially contacted Bill Diaz KC9XG, Bill suggested this group is the best source for the setup info I seek.Thankyou in advance,Clay Melhorn N9IO Bonfield, IL