[aprssig] What is the best GPS Data RX on the market now?Answer: GPS 18x

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 10:01:40 EST 2009

Exactly the altitude limit that really does not concern me too much since I
don't do any balloon stuff. I'll see where else on the net I can find a 18x
for a good price, I am guessing they can be found for about $50-$60.

Next thing I got to do is take the GPSII and GPS V waypoints that I have and
suck them out of the units before they totally die. Displays are going south
and I am getting some sort of wierd errors when the GPSII locks on. Friday
my wife was in the other county then appeared in Central Mexico and just sat
there, location was wrong but I think the timestamp continued to be correct.
The Kenwood continued to Xmit the location and I think it's smart enough to
look to see if it's a valid sentence and xmit or not. I'll probably buy a
Nuvi for actual navigation and got to see if I can transfer the old data
over to the new ones, I have about 13 years of waypoints from accross the
country saved up which I would like to keep.