[aprssig] Doubling APRS messaging in ham radio overnight

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 11:28:35 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Bob Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> I say again, TRACKING is a dead end

You just devolved APRS back into packet radio, which has been dead for years.

I really don't understand your hostility against vehicle tracking. I
think it is valuable for several reasons:

- some assets are mobile. Even if the assets are not vehicles, day to
day vehicle tracking gives good training for tracking mobile assets.

- day to day vehicle tracking provides RF network analysis.

- even TX-only trackers provide useful functions: increasing user
interest in APRS and ham radio; RF network analysis (like beacon
stations); asset tracking for unmanned assets; etc.

> I like typing "PICs" instead of the other mouthfull.  Is there a better all encompasing term for tiny thinggy's?

The term is microcontrollers.  PIC=microcontroller is like vehicle
tracking=APRS (i.e. just wrong).

-Jason
kg4wsv