[aprssig] Failed APRS?

John Galvin jrgalvin2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 18:08:03 EST 2009

Maybe if we increase the "Pop Tart" deliveries, Scott may consider
adding this to the OT's Smart Beaconing algorithm. I agree this is a
problem.

73, John - N5TIM

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:
> This guy is right about smart beaconing... one of my complaints for
> years... when you STOP it doesn't beacon for 30 minutes.  Smart beacon
> should at least beacon as you come to rest, or preferably, go into a
> standard APRS decay until the interval reaches 30 minutes.
>

> Wes
> ---
> It may be necessary temporarily to accept a lesser evil, but one must
> never label a necessary evil as good.
>

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Jason KG4WSV <kg4wsv at gmail.com
> <mailto:kg4wsv at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Sounds like this guy's biggest disappointment is that he has smart
>     beaconing misconfigured, or else doesn't understand how it works.
>
>     He's also guessing about congestion.  It may be congestion, or
>     something wrong with his rig, or something else entirely...
>
>     -Jason
>     kg4wsv

John Galvin - N5TIM
http://www.qsl.net/n5tim for Public Service Info
http://www.garlandraces.net/

JUNK - Stuff we throw away ... STUFF - Junk we keep!