[aprssig] Programming Language Advice

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jan 16 11:31:51 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 05:44:49PM +1100, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <vk2tv at exemail.com.au> flavor, containing:
[...]
> My nearest bookshop that's likely to have any of the books mentioned is
> 400km away in Sydney or Brisbane. Given my lack of desire to ever be in
> a big city again it may be some time before I get to peruse stocks and
> make a decision. In the meantime I'll go back and RTFM again, and again!
> I may even ask stupid questions here.

[...]

> Curt, WE7U wrote:
[...]
> > For Perl books these are the ones I use:
> >
> >      Learning Perl
> >      Programming Perl
> >      Perl Cookbook

Do check out the "Perl CD Bookshelf."  It comes with a hardcopy of "Perl in a
Nutshell" and a CD containing "Perl in a Nutshell," "Programming Perl,"  "Perl
Cookbook," "Advanced Perl Programming," "Learning Perl," and "Learning Perl on
Win32."  It's a fantastic resource, and much cheaper than buying the paper
copies of all those.

<http://www.amazon.com/Perl-Bookshelf-Inc-OReilly-Media/dp/0596006225/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232123273&sr=8-1>

You can get it without being anywhere near a brick-and-mortar bookshop.

Cheers,
T.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation