[aprssig] Programming Language Advice

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Thu Jan 15 02:57:37 EST 2009

I was kinda hoping you'd dip your toes in the water and comment.

I've actually looked at one of your scripts.

What I've found so far is that even simple script examples I've copied
and pasted from tutorials have bombed out - syntax errors. I presume
there are incompatible difference between some versions of perl. I took
a 100km round trip to a "large" book store on Monday to try to buy a
Perl book. They looked at me as if I was seriously deranged when I
mentioned Perl.

Thanks for the pointer.

BTW, I'm using Debian Linux.

Ray vk2tv