[aprssig] Pulse Position Modulation

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 22:12:44 EST 2009

   Position & PPM ... Hmmmm.
  Not knowing just what you have in mind...
  The system of control used in model aircraft (and model railroad and other places) uses PPM.  Hardware is easy to make or there are 6 and 8 channel ICs.  At least there were when I was into it.  It  sends analog information in the spacing between adjacent pulses.  If I recall, the frame rate is 10 per sec.  All 8 channels in 100ms.
Oooooo  After all these years, I just realized... that's a byte!

  I also seem to recall some software that produces the signals.

--
73, Steve, K9DCI
You know that sea of entropy we were going to drown in?  Well, upon closer examination, it turned out to be ignorance.  S. Noskowicz 1987