[aprssig] Opentracker question

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Jan 8 10:46:02 EST 2009

Andrew VK4TEC wrote...

> Is it possible to set up the opentracker+ to only TX on the push of a
> button ?

I haven't tried it, but you could set up a beacon rate of zero seconds
and then use profile switching based on a connected switch (the jumper
setting) and have it set to "transmit when switched to this profile" to
make it do that. Or you could set it to transmit every second and
install a normally open momentary pushbutton switch in series with the
PTT. If necessary, you could open the squelch on the radio to prevent it
from transmitting while trying into get into programming.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH