[aprssig] Another Bootlegger?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Tue Jan 6 15:01:10 EST 2009

This guy has almost zero chance of that, because he is running a
tracker on RF. Only messages get sent from Inet to RF, and trackers
don't send messages.

IGate operators have reason to be worried though, because the APRS IS
is completely insecure. messages sent on the internet and are passed
on to RF by their stations are solely their responsibility. I turned
off the transmitter on my IGate on the day, many years ago, when the
validation code was released by the author of aprsd...

Steve K4HG