[aprssig] Another Bootlegger?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 13:44:50 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:15 AM, John Vause <jdv at iglou.com> wrote:
> What if this "bootlegger" decides to send profane email through the IGATES?
> Wouldn't most IGATE sysops bother to manage their IGATES then?

APRS-IS traffic is not governed by FCC Part 97 rules, so profanity is
not technically an issue.

As decentralized as the IGate system is, attempting to block these
rogue operators is not terribly practical, IMO.  Yes, if I were
running an IGate I'd probably do so, but from a legal (part 97)
standpoint the IGate operator has _no_ obligations on RF to IS
traffic.

-Jason
kg4wsv