[aprssig] Email?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jan 6 10:23:58 EST 2009

>> I want to get messages from other hams,
>> Maybe we need some really simple and
>> slick APRS message clients.
>
> It already exists. UI-Instant Messenger
> can operate either as a UIview plug-in,
> or with the AGW Packet Engine, or as a
> direct IP client on Internet connections.
> Use it as a replacement for the messaging
> function inside UIview to overcome the
> lack of the proper decaying repetition
> rate for unacked msgs in UIview.

Thanks.  I have added that paragraph and the link to the
Universal Amateur Radio Text Messaging web page:
http://www.aprs.org/aprs-messaging.html

Also, I am having fun with the APRSXO messaging client on my
OLPC.
www.aprs.org/cqsrvr.html

We need more applications to make sure that any ham anywhere, at
any time, using any device, can send/receive text messages from
other hams.

Bob, WB4aPR

http://wa8lmf.net