[aprssig] APRS<=>E-mail

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon Jan 5 13:47:13 EST 2009

I believe the idea is callsign to callsign e-mail without explicitly
knowing or caring if they're on RF or -IS?  If the gateway can determine
the difference, then it could use two different limits as the two specs
are different.  If I'm actually USING this to send an e-mail to someone
the first time, I'll restrict myself to 67 characters unless I'm SURE
they're on APRS-IS in which case I can be more verbose.  Why force
multiple short messages over -IS if its spec allows longer?

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ