[aprssig] Another Bootlegger?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Jan 5 12:13:11 EST 2009

I really feel that jamming (even just on the IS) is the WRONG thing to
do here.  At best, you're just going to piss them off and make them
change the ID on the tracker(s), and meanwhile you've complicated the
data collection needed to actually prosecute them.

Maybe next time they'll be smart enough to pick an actual callsign, and
the chances of anyone recognizing the appropriation of an inactive call,
especially outside the owner's home area, are going to be very small.

Scott
N1VG