[aprssig] Bootlegger - More experience with one

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 02:01:23 EST 2009

> From: Shanon KA8SPW
> Our bootlegger, lets call him ABC, was first noticed in
> February of 2003.

> The 22 year old culprit finally called me a few days later
> and was very  hostile.
> He was driving by
> my house all hours of the day and night. He had ...loud muffler.

   Chances are pretty good this ^^ type doesn't want to be a ham, nor legal.
  In the 70's we had a fella who built a CB > 2 M repeater and hid it in the woods near a one of the repeaters.    Also, a L O N G story, but he had a history, we made contact, talked a lot, and one of the fellas tried to get him to get a licence just so he would have more leverage with the FCC if he got too big for his britches again.  He popped up later several times.
  I haven't followed up on the latest, but he was last heard of about 3-4 years ago because he got nailed for bringing a battery powered microwave oven Tx into some stores and frying some registers and a lottery machine.  A Ham/lawyer friend said he wanted to go to the court hearing, but I haven't called to see what happened.

--
73, Steve, K9DCI
You know that sea of entropy we were going to drown in?  Well, upon closer examination, it turned out to be ignorance.  S. Noskowicz 1987