[aprssig] Another Bootlegger?

Doug Ferrell, KD4MOJ kd4moj at kd4moj.org
Sun Jan 4 20:01:42 EST 2009

    I wonder who could that be? [GRIN]  Actually it was a test to see if
those could tell if my positioning was legal. Since the D700 does not ID in
CW and I wasn't using voice  on 144.390 every 10 minutes in the commute as
someone else suggested, and it doesn't do this: "An ID was sent out as
required, but not in an APRS decodable standard packet, to maintain
legality".

    So in essence on my trip to the grocery store with the tactical callsign
of ETI-3, I was breaking FCC rules. Otherwise when I use my callsign (or
tactical with my callsign in the beacon), I'm a law abiding amateur!

...DOUG, KD4MOJ
30MDG#1076, FH#1125