[aprssig] Another Bootlegger Using APRS As a Commercial AVL System ???

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 4 15:05:44 EST 2009

Seeing as how Amateur Radio is primarily self-policed, I expect that involving the FCC should be a next / last resort, after (carefully) approaching them and asking how they are identifying themselves.  There are lots of ways that what they are doing can be perfectly legal, and if so, there are lots of things that they can be doing to more properly use the system.  If they are not legal, then either they'll stop, or we can then turn over the case to the FCC.

It's possible, if not likely, that we can turn this into a case where we add another contributing Ham to our ranks, instead leaving someone with a bad impression of our hobby.

Greg  KO6TH