[aprssig] Objects vs real stations

Richard Amirault ramirault at verizon.net
Thu Jan 1 07:26:16 EST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Bruninga "

>>> a) Every ham should set his ARRL email address
>>
>>Isn't that only available to ARRL members?
>
> Yes, I assumed that any active amateur radio operator would be a member of
> the National Organization for Amateur Radio,  (the ARRL).  In todays
> society of competing interest for the electromagnetic spectrum, it seems
> to me to be only in the best interest of each one of us to support our
> national organization to maintain our access to RF.

Well, here's another point that you and I disagree with.  You assume that
because it makes sense TO YOU that everyone else feels the same way.

I, personally, am a member of ARRL, but I know many hams that are not. Some
disagree with the ARRL's policies and/or actions .. others feel it's too
much money to join .. and there are a few that don't know that much about
them so haven't decided one way or another.

Richard Amirault
Boston, MA, USA
http://n1jdu.org
http://bostonfandom.org