[aprssig] Free simplex repeater in NZ

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Sat Feb 28 15:49:15 EST 2009

This is maybe a little off-topic for APRSSIG, but you *can* do APRS with
the ADS-SR1.  My new packing and shipping assistant has made yet another
in a long line of mistakes and sent an ADS-SR1 simplex repeater to
Waitakere, New Zealand rather than Ontario, Canada.

The company that received it is of course willing to send it back, if I
arrange for courier pickup.  Pickup, shipping, and customs duties would
almost certainly be more than the cost of the unit (about NZD $175),
though.  So if you're in the Auckland area and want to pick it up,
either for personal use or to give away for a club door prize or
something, let me know and I'll get you the details.  I've already
emailed the Western Suburbs ARC, but the first to respond gets it.

Scott
N1VG