[aprssig] which digi (was: SheevaPlug plug computers for igates?)

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Feb 26 11:12:50 EST 2009

> superior.  If the Xdigi has gained remote update, that's the only
> thing it really has over the T2 for an APRS digi.  For some

The T2 can be *patched* over the air at least.  It's just lacking memory
to keep a whole new firmware image during reception.  The ADS-SR1
simplex repeater can do that, though.

Is there any released information on the protocol used by the XDigi for
on-air updates?  I was working on a protocol to do that that'd be
suitable for updating satellites a piece at a time as bandwidth and
line-of-sight are available.  That's going to require some management
software on the sending side, and it'd be nice to standardize that if
we're going to start doing firmware updates via APRS.

Scott
N1VG