[aprssig] Least expensive digi?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Feb 25 15:47:29 EST 2009

My Tracker2 is the cheapest I know of, at $95.

http://www.argentdata.com/products/tracker2.html

It has WIDEn-N with optional preemption and configurable dupe checking.
  Remote control is by APRS message (works through IGates), with access
list and secure one-time password system.

I just started a Wiki this week for support information, and it's
already got some articles on stuff like the authentication scheme and
scripting system that haven't made it into the regular manual yet.

http://wiki.argentdata.com

Or if by stand alone you mean that also has a transceiver, there's my
new T2-301 for $229 that's in beta testing:

https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=112

I threw a cheap 5-watt Harbor Freight solar panel up on the roof and
hooked it up to an 8 AH SLA battery from the alarm shop next door and
it's been running a T2-301 for a week or so now, holding out remarkably
well despite the bad weather and undersized power system.  I'd need a
little more juice than that for a busy digipeater, though!

Scott
N1VG