[aprssig] APRS RF-ID

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Feb 23 08:28:28 EST 2009

APRS-RFID almost!

Was giving a talk at the local ARES organization in the local county EOC and mentioned how we could use ARRL radio badges with RFID built in, so that when anyone entered the EOC, their presence would show up on APRS at the EOC on the map.

See www.aprs.org/aprs-rfid.html

One of the ARES members pointed out, that to get into the EOC, they have to run their county-issued badge through the door access panel already.  Bingo, the EOC computers -know- he is there!  All we need is to ask them to send us a file or signal, and then we can convert that to APRS and send it out the EOC APRS radio and see who is there.  Done!

thoughts?

Bob, WB4APR