[aprssig] OpenTracker / Tracker2 configuration program rewrite (RFP)

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Sat Feb 21 16:23:08 EST 2009

I posted this to the OpenTracker and Tracker2 mailing lists earlier, but
I thought I'd try a wider audience here, too.  OTWINCFG, the
configuration and diagnostics program for the OpenTracker, OpenTracker+,
and Tracker2, is in serious need of a rewrite.  The GUI is too
cluttered, it doesn't run right under WINE, and it's very hard to modify
it for foreign language support.

I'm too busy with other stuff to work on it right now, and I hate GUI
programming anyway.  I'm looking for a freelance programmer (preferably
someone with APRS background) to rewrite the application in such a way
that it'll run on (or can be compiled for) at least Windows and Linux,
and possibly OS X as well.  I'm not picky about programming language or
GUI toolkit used, but the application requires serial comm support and a
lot of manipulation of C data structures.  And if it can support passing
audio samples to a sound card, that'd be great - I'm working on adding a
new diagnostic feature for at least the OT1+ that'd pass received audio
through to the program so you can hear what the tracker hears.

I've tentatively budgeted USD $2,000 for the project, but that's
negotiable.  Payment could include hardware, too.

If you're interested, let me know and I can provide some more
information, including source code (Visual C++ 6.0 MFC project) for the
current application.

Thanks,

Scott
N1VG