[aprssig] Text Messaging Radios (a simple use)

Joe Della Barba joe at dellabarba.com
Sat Feb 14 13:50:16 EST 2009

I hate to say this, because I enjoy the creativity and hard work of the
APRS community greatly, but the text-messaging schemes seem like
recreating the SMS, but very badly. I have some background in teaching
"ordinary people" technical tasks and this seems next to impossible to
get any such group up to speed on in short order.
If someone wants to go fixing stuff, how about APRS messaging? The
location aspect works great, but I have NEVER been able to get reliable
messaging going with anyone I wasn't in direct RF range of.
73
Joe N3HGB