[aprssig] I see several languages

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Feb 13 12:40:40 EST 2009

Jeffrey KC8GKF wrote...

> I see several lanuguages being used on aprs. I know its world wide but
> is there a translater program to add on to say winaprs/uiview to be
> able to read all the messages? would someone please make one.

I'm not aware of a translator add-on. I suppose it's possible that
someone could create one, but would it be worth it? APRS is really meant
for local use. APRS users are probably using the language they normally
speak in their own country. Of course in places like Europe you could
have a number of different languages in use within a relatively small
area. If you can hang on a few hundred years, perhaps we will all be
using a common language - hi!

In the meantime, you could do some copying and pasting to somewhere like
www.google.ca/language_tools?hl=en

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH