[aprssig] UIDIGI vs UITRACE

KEVIN KIBBE kkibbe at rogers.com
Thu Feb 12 10:49:33 EST 2009

I have my Jeep mounted D700 set to relay my VX-8r when I am in a location that the HT can't reach the local digi directly (and I'm close to the Jeep). I do this by setting the D700's UIDIGI to TEMP and the vx-8r's path to TEMP,WIDE2-1. This works in that I can now get my HT onto the local DIGI and beyond.

My question for the group, is this the correct way to do this? I see Bob's recomended settings for mobile d700's is to set the UITRACE to TEMP via the serial port. What is the advantage of this? Thanks.

Kevin
VA3SU