[aprssig] Scott's Nuvi Converter

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Feb 10 14:44:10 EST 2009

As of about an hour ago, they're all assembled and ready to ship from
the contract manufacturer.  I have one or two bugs in the firmware to
track down still, but nothing major.

Got out my laptop so I could drive around and capture test data, and the
battery died in about 5 minutes.  Went to hook it up to the inverter,
and realized it's under the seat in my Honda - which is in the body shop
this week after someone ran into it in the parking lot.  Now I have to
find my other inverter, and find a stretch where I can drive a heading
of exactly 0 degrees and then 180 degrees to see if I fixed the bug in
my course/speed conversion.

I really wish GPS simulators were a little more affordable...

Scott
N1VG