[aprssig] Automatic omni DF query

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Feb 10 14:38:53 EST 2009

> Based on the sale of theese units would you say it's possible for a UHF
> version?

I already have the UHF radios in stock - trouble is, they have a
different programming interface.  One of the changes I had to work out
with the manufacturer for the VHF version was support for 5 and 6.25 kHz
steps - this meant changing the frequency format from multiples of 12.5
kHz (in binary) to the actual desired frequency (in BCD.)

You could drop a T2-301 board in one of the UHF units now and it'd work,
you just wouldn't be able to set the frequency except by removing the T2
board and hooking up a programming cable.

Once I have enough boards in stock, I'll work on adapting it to the UHF
units - assuming I haven't already sold out of UHF radios and have new
ones with 5/6.25 kHz tuning on the way.

FCC Part 90 and CE certification are in progress now for the VHF model,
but I'm not making any promises on when that'll be done.

Scott
N1VG