[aprssig] Andorid APRS

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 19:43:18 EST 2009

I should point out even more clearly that the Archos Internet Tablet
is completely independent of cell phone carriers (no GSM, CDMA etc),
has WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS and up to a 500GB hard drive. Which makes
every argument about cell phone carriers completely mute, and would
work perfectly for the kind of APRS app we are discussing, including
the ability to cache enormous amounts of map data down to the device
while a connection is available and then use those when one is not.

Android is about much more than smart phones.

Jeff
KJ6CKB