[aprssig] Please,standardize UTF-8 for APRS

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Dec 18 07:15:30 EST 2009

I would only add "Path element" to the list that needs 7 bit printable
ASCII characters.  Some readers may not realize that the path is
actually composed of callsigns and hence governed by the same restriction.

Also, possibly to avoid the discussion of the printabiltiy of spaces,
CRLF, punctuation, and delete (127), I'd put the actual valid character
value range as a parenthetical.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ