[aprssig] SKYWARN Recognition Day

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Dec 3 12:36:14 EST 2009

Steve Noskowicz wrote:

> Doncha' hafta' put a couple of "CQ"s in there (if you want it to pass through to the group) cuz' one gets stripped off?

Read the PS:

> PS.  Note that you now only need the "CQ groupname"
> once.  It is automatically included in all outbound
> messages allowing more room for <your intro here>.

Pete finally "fixed" CQSRVR and updated the reference page to show in the example that the first CQ GROUP gets transmitted now.  For backward compatibility and to avoid redundancy, if you put CQ GROUP CQ GROUP, it removes one of them.

>>  You'll be in the group for 12 hours.
>>

>   After your last message *TO* the server, right?  Another refreshes the timer, no ...?

I'm not sure about this, but I think you time out 12 hours after you
first join the group, even if you've sent additional messages through
the group.  Don't quote me on that though as the page nor my memory are
clear on that one.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Already in the SKYWARN group if anyone wants to test!